[USML Announce] Baseball Draft

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Wed Jun 8 09:28:28 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/8/2005 8:23:44 AM Central Daylight Time,
springkerb at aol.com writes:

These guys are not "nascent" magic beans.  They are real  magic beans--and
two of them are probably closer to sprouting than most  minor league prospects.

Gordon will probably be pushing Mark Teahen out of KC by next  year.  And
Miguel Olivo's tenure in Seattle is now looking almost  as short.

Mark

All true, but let's now talk hard facts.  When's the last time a  highly
touted rookie put up a $10 rookie season?  It sure doesn't happen  very often.
For example, Alex Rodriguez sucked as a rotisserie player for  almost two full
seasons.  The same can generally be said for all of the  highly touted rookie
pitchers.  And how many runs is Alex Gordon going to  drive in for that
power-packed KC lineup?

Don't get me wrong - sometimes these magic beans sprout.  And I'd love  to
have Gordon and Clement on my roster.  But, all in all, I think the  safest bet
is always sending them to Robbins.