[USML Announce] Top 5 Reasons Winick Won't Even Beat Me....

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Mon Jun 20 08:55:27 EDT 2005

I see the Roto Establishment has spoken.  Busy at work while I was asleep.
But now for a reality check.

"Slap hitter."  This was the same charge always levelled at Ichiro, he is
now a solid $30 player in our league (valued the old-fashioned way; via the
auction).  Slap hitters are fine, as long as they steal.

Too little power?  Scott Podsednik was a $40 player this year and he has hit
10 doubles all year long.  He has zero homers.  Ichiro never hits many
doubles either.  All you proved is that Gathright won't be a five category
player.  But 50 steals is our league remain a very valuable commodity.

No talent?  Gathright is hitting .320 at AAA and hit .350 while he was up
with the Rays this year.

  -- Mark B.

  _____