[USML Announce] Billy Butler

mbblocker at aol.com mbblocker at aol.com
Tue Jun 21 22:50:59 EDT 2005

Gents (and Mark Kerber):

  It was indeed a Monster night for the K-Nine.  Andy, you should be playing minor league roto!  Three HRs...two opposite field shots for Markakis (who looks great) and a laser beam to right field for Fiorentino (who looks more like Tim Hudson build-wise).  The Orioles affiliated pitched highly-touted Adam Loewen(note to Kerber:  he is, as I understand it, highly touted by others, so I am just reporting what I have heard and in no way intend to demean any of your players), who showed flashes (7Ks in 5 IP) but lost his concentration in the 5th and ended up getting roughed up a bit.  He ended up with the kind of pitching line I have grown to expect out of pitchers just traded to the Bombers.  Anyway, not sure if anyone has Loewen, but whoever does, I'd hold on to him.

  Three oddities I observed.  First, the O's affiliate's first baseman is Robin Yount's son.  Second, the Hogs, for some reason, have just three outfielders on their roster (what happens if someone gets hurt?).  Third, the 'Hogs, which is a White Sox affiliate, actually has a guy named Carlos Lee on their team who wears number 45 and looks like a stockier version of El Caballo.  Even I couldn't make that up!  (Mark K:  for clarity, this does not mean I have made up things in the past -- at least not about your players).

  Rick:  your memory of the stadium is excellent.  Its actually 325 down both lines, but if you hit one out at that distance, you're my hero anyway.  I doubt I could get it out of the infield.

   Go Bombers!