[USML Announce] Notice of Hot Wax Seal

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Tue Mar 8 00:41:38 EST 2005

While still waiting for Kerber and Gammons to share their trade, I decided
to go out and make a little news of my own.  I am pleased to announce the
following mutually beneficial transaction between the Berliners and the Klein
Nine:

Klein Nine trade Brad Radke (17)(Y2), John Lackey (6)(Y2) and Bronson  Arroyo
(10)(Y2)

FOR

Erick Aybar (2) and Aaron Hill (5) (or as Mark Kerber would say - a  couple
of magic beans).

The thinking of the two participants was as follows:

Klein - (i) wasn't going to keep any of the three anyway since the K-9  don't
spend more than $5 on any one pitcher who isn't named Pedro; (ii) takes  $33
draft dollars off the table; (iii) picks up two top 25 rookies with cheap
contracts.

Winick - (i) magic beans only sprout once in a blue moon; (ii)  there's no
time like the present to go for it; (iii) picks up solid skills  pitchers at a
little less than inflated auction value and avoids the  free-for-all for decent
pitchers at the auction.

That is all.

Jeff Winick