[USML Announce] Notice of Hot Wax Seal

rickgam at comcast.net rickgam at comcast.net
Tue Mar 8 08:10:50 EST 2005

Greetings;
     Prior to the Winick/Klein trade I believe the only other off-season trade was the H.D.s sending C. Pena and J. Mauer to the Nukes for V. Guerrero and E. Durazo.  Looking forward to seeing the rosters this weekend and getting down to business!
    Rick

While still waiting for Kerber and Gammons to share their trade, I decided to go out and make a little news of my own.  I am pleased to announce the following mutually beneficial transaction between the Berliners and the Klein Nine:

Klein Nine trade Brad Radke (17)(Y2), John Lackey (6)(Y2) and Bronson Arroyo (10)(Y2)

FOR

Erick Aybar (2) and Aaron Hill (5) (or as Mark Kerber would say - a couple of magic beans).

The thinking of the two participants was as follows:

Klein - (i) wasn't going to keep any of the three anyway since the K-9 don't spend more than $5 on any one pitcher who isn't named Pedro; (ii) takes $33 draft dollars off the table; (iii) picks up two top 25 rookies with cheap contracts.

Winick - (i) magic beans only sprout once in a blue moon; (ii) there's no time like the present to go for it; (iii) picks up solid skills pitchers at a little less than inflated auction value and avoids the free-for-all for decent pitchers at the auction.

That is all.

Jeff Winick