[USML Announce] USML - Commissioner Rules question

MBBlocker at aol.com MBBlocker at aol.com
Mon Sep 5 21:00:25 EDT 2005

In a message dated 9/5/2005 11:04:49 AM Central Daylight Time,
RERobbins at iTinker.net writes:

I agree  with Andy, except for the bit about the all-important third  draft
slot.

Andy -- work on your football picks.

As Jeff  pointed out, it's unlikely that I'd retain Harris, but I think that
the  rules are clear on the point and that I should be able to retain him.
If  people think we need to revise the rules then we can visit this on  a
prospective basis through our normal off-season process.  It's not  worth
getting worked up about though.

Enjoy the day  everyone.

Jeff/Rich/Andy:

I actually was uncertain what the rules were and just wanted to be sure I
was properly inputting all of the transactions that were submitted.  I
understand the various responses to mean that our present rules provide that  players
claimed on waivers retain their present contract status and do not  convert to
FAs, so that is how I did (and will continue to) process such  moves.

I also agree with the sentiments of those who suggested we revisit and/or
clarify this issue in the off-season.

  -- Mark B.

P.S.  I seldom do "commercials" in usml mail, but if you have not seen  the
movie "Wedding Crashers," I highly recommend it (I saw it over the long
weekend).  I believe it may be the funniest movie I have ever  seen.