[USML Announce] USML - Commissioner Rules question

SpringKerb at aol.com SpringKerb at aol.com
Tue Sep 6 17:13:01 EDT 2005

In a message dated 9/5/2005 10:43:20 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
jhwinick at aol.com writes:

Past experience with the Riptorns in other leagues taught me that it  allows
an avenue for monkey business.  It allows a front running team to  essentially
trade a player to the last place time long after the trading  deadline.  The
Riptorns used this to get very favorable deals with the  last place team by
including this future consideration.  The  Riptorns then held onto the valuable
player until just before the  end of the season at which point in time they
waived the player with the  understanding that he would be picked up by the last
place team.

I confess that it isn't a strategy that I ever would have thought up, but
you all know that those Riptorns were sneaky bastages.  Let's close the
loophole.

I can't believe I never thought of that.