[USML Announce] Nukes

SpringKerb at aol.com SpringKerb at aol.com
Sun Apr 2 11:22:08 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/2/2006 10:58:21 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
jhwinick at aol.com writes:

I completely agree with Doug's assessment of Nix.  He'll only play  until
Matthews gets healthy, which should be soon.  Since Matthews is  hurt, it was
still a pretty shrewd pick.   But buyer beware if  Kerber is pitching this guy in
a trade - he still sucks.

Dearest Prof. Winick:

You're entitled to your opinion--although we'll never know what it really
is, of course.  As for me, I'll just check the PECOTA on Mr. Nix and note  that
he's given a 59% chance of improvement and a 41% chance of a breakout, with
projected numbers of .265-10-40-40-3 in 285 at-bats--all assigned when the
Texas  outfield picture was a bit more cluttered.  By way of comparison, Kubel is
given a 27% chance to improve over last year and a 9% chance of a breakout,
with  numbers of .285-5-21-20-2 in 185 at-bats.  For a buck, I like my  chances.

Your humble student,