[USML Announce] Apologia

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 11:57:25 EDT 2006

Of course, it goes without saying that I could get through this season and
not make a deal without Jeff Winick attacking me, critcizing the players I
obtain and challenging the integrity of my trade partners.  I'll refrain
from making most of my comments until Winick announces his deal with
Klein--nice job of blowing smoke, gents, but we know what's goin' down--but
the best statement I can make is when the Rips finish ahead of the Berliners
next year (which, admittedly, is not the most difficult of tasks).

But, please, consider the merits of my last deal with the Red Hots and not
the heated rhetoric spewing from Jeff's crazed mind:
    *For the last several days, all Jeff ($14 Andy Marte) Winick said to
anyone (while touting the $1 Big Hurt Still Hurtin' Frank Thomas) is that
Aaron Boone is a $1 bum on his last legs--apparently Andy K bought that
story, but the Red Hots knew better.  Now that the Hots have Boone, suddenly
he's a $1 keeper stud.
    * I don't claim to be Republican or Democrat. I have little use for
labels and even less use for politicians.  But I do believe in human dignity
and human rights.  If I can strike a blow for Cuban's freedom fighters by
placing exile Kendry Morales on my roster, then I'm proud to do it.  Think
globally, act locally. I expect him to be pounding home runs for me next
year and don't be surprised at a lengthy contract extension, Mister Winick.
    * Fernando Cabrera: why not take a shot at a $5 closer for the best team
in the AL?  Beats spebding $42 for Mariano Rivera!
    * But more than anything, my deals with Rich should demonstrate to each
and everyone of you that in fantasy baseball I hold no grudges. I know full
well that Rich led the successful charge in preventing me from assuming the
prior team owner's roster...and that every amendment he has proposed is
personally directed against me...but that's in the past and I bear him no
ill will!

 So if my armor is cracking, Jeff, so be it.  Maybe it just got rusty from
all the tears I've shed because of you, your spiteful attacks, your rumor
mongering, your pandering to the likes of Andy Klein, your...shit I gotta
get a bid in!