[USML Announce] Fantasyland

Andrew R. Klein anrklein at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 18 14:25:38 EDT 2006

Thanks to Rich and Jim, who recommended Fantasyland by Sam Walker.  What a
great book!  For those who haven't heard about it, Walker is a Wall Street
Journal Reporter who takes a half-year off to play in the AL Tout Wars, an
"experts" league with likes of Shandler, Lawrs Michaels, and others.  The
book is filled with great descriptions of Walker discussing his team with
baseball executives, the players on his roster, and the other Touts.

However, I did have one concern.  In a 343-page book devoted entirely to
rotisserie baseball experts, there is not a single mention of Jeff Winick!!
I even scoured the index to make sure I hadn't missed something.  This seems
outrageous to me!!  Would anyone sign on if I write a letter of protest to
Walker?

-Andy

Andrew R. Klein

Indiana University School of Law-Indianapolis

(317) 274-2099