[USML Announce] Klein Says "Nein!" to Red Hots' Pennant March

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 22:20:29 EDT 2006

"It's a statement trade," opined Fantasyland Lord  Jeff  Winick  about
K-9's  deal  for Tribe closer Bob Wickman.  "By trading Nick the Greek and
Casey "Possum" Fossum off his team, Andy let the USML know he will not
tolerate light-hitting 4th outfielders and mediocre pitchers with poor
peripherals on his team this year.  This constitutes a major sea change in
Klein's overall strategy and  I now think Andy finally has convinced himself
that he may have a shot at the Trophy this year, the Red Hots
notwithstanding."

Other pundits concur with Winick's assessment that Klein still has plenty of
poker chips left to make moves as needed.  "The Red Hots won't even consider
offers for Orvella, let alone Sizemore or Hernandez...other frontrunners
like the Flaming Brat Stops and Lake Michigan Caligula don't have cheap
keepers to offer sharks like Winick, Jansen and me, and the Angries just
make me angry," weighed in Mark My Blocker.

Winick summarized the trade market succinctly.  "Only two quality thumpers
are currently on the market: A-Rod and Jim Thome.  Only one speed merchant
is available: Corey Patterson.  Needless to say, one stud closer remains
available (unless the Hoosiers still are peddling Everyday Eddie), and by
now I think you know who I'm talking about:  no, not Dan Miceli, but that
kid flamethrower Amboy Burgos on the Royals.  Holy Republicans! that kid can
bring it--and to think he went for only $2 more than Craig Hansen, and $3
less than Andy Marte.  Anyway, I can't wait to see what if anything I can
get for A-Rod...considering that every prospect I had my eye on now is on
the Torns, I may just have to deal with the Devil himself to salvage
anything outta this year..."