[USML Announce] Start Making Sense: A Short Statement from the Riptorns

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 07:02:02 EDT 2006

Dear Everyone:
   As much as you may question, debate and/or mock my deals (or overrely
upon some "projection" sheet when you say no way should Adrian Beltre have 5
steals already this year-that's 2 below his 3-year average--he's gonna have
to give 2 back...), please  note that whatever you conclude, these deals
should demonstrate my recommitment to this League.   I'm getting cheap and
highly touted guys like Huber, Gordon, Clement and Butler, et al. to man
various positions in the years ahead.   Some may click, some may not. Some
of you may agree with my evaluations, some may not.  But  my  intent  is
to  develop  a team  for the long haul--not that  I  like all  of ya, but I
do intend to  stick  around, so long as you let me have a retention roster!
There is a Plan, sort of like the one Andy previously described....

Until the Next Reporting Period,
Brad Still Thome's Homey Jansen