[USML Announce] (no subject)

shabes dbshabes at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 23 22:29:00 EDT 2006

Uhhhh, Rick, I know Vlad did okay today but, can we talk about that deal for a second?

Justin Verlander came out throwing 100 mph and higher in the first inning. When he settled down into the upper 90s, the Mariners didn't have a chance.Verlander pitched seven strong innings and Craig Monroe hit a three-run home run to help the Tigers beat Felix Hernandez and the slumping Seattle Mariners 6-4 on Sunday, completing a three-game series sweep.Verlander (2-2) allowed only four hits for Detroit, which swept a series in Seattle for the first time since Aug. 14-16, 2000. Its starting pitchers held the Mariners to one run and 10 hits in 20 innings in the three games."I'm glad Verlander is on our team so I don't have to face him," Curtis Granderson said. "He looks like he has an edge in this game -- and he's only 20 years old."