[USML Announce] Howie Doin'? League Steels Itself for Torns' Prospect Parade

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 22:38:31 EDT 2006

A new day dawned tonight and the bright star of Hope beamed beatifically on
the Riptorns: Howie Kendrick was recalled by the LA Angels.
The Riptorns' quest --some intemperate owners might call it a Crusade-- has
begun.

"I see  Kendrick as  the  Rips'  drum major  leading  the  prospect
parade,"  observed  the  increasingly  agitated  Jeffery  Winick.   "It's a
matter of  time  before  Shin-Soo  Choo  replaces  Jeremy  Reed  in  the
Mariners'  OF,  Alex  Gordon  bumps  Teahan  off the hot corner  in KC,
Justin  Huber  takes  over the 1B/DH  duties from  Doug  Meinkicwiczx and
BJ  Upton  takes  the  AL  lead  in stolen bases.   And  I shudder  to
think  what  happens when  Kevin  Gregg  assumes  a  spot  in the  Angels'
rotation  and  Fernando  Cabrera  comes  off  the  DL. When all those stars
align, we shall know the Rips' velocity...

"It's  only April," continued the mathematics whiz, "And there's plenty of
time for  the  Rips  to  surge  into the money, especially  if they're at
all  willing to  trade  any of their stud prospects  to  me....oh, wait!
It's  too  late!   Anybody  want  Reggie  Sanders?   How's about Millwood?
He's  only averaging  about  nine  walks a game...well,  if  Andy Klein is
forced to  dump because of that injury-riddled squad  --as  I expect he
will--  I  see  plenty of opportunities  for  those two teams  to  deal.
Whoa--gotta go! The 700 Club is on the air!!  Go Pat go!"