[USML Announce] Proposal for New Annual Award

springkerb at aol.com springkerb at aol.com
Fri Apr 28 12:55:15 EDT 2006

I propose that the USML create a new award--The Delmon.  The Delmon would be awarded after the draft, in any year with a preseason draft day, to the owner of the prospect purchased at auction who is deemed most likely to spend his entire 3-year contract in the minors.  This idea had occurred to me in the past, but I thought it might be premature.  However, since Delmon Young is probably going to be suspended for long enough to assure his continued rookie status for the remainder of this season, I think we can consider it now.