[USML Announce] Transaction Summary

SpringKerb at aol.com SpringKerb at aol.com
Mon Aug 7 06:36:16 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/6/2006 9:51:16 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
bljansen at gmail.com writes:

The  League should be pleased to know that I'm in stable condition, resting
comfortably after experiencing chest pains, dizziness, shortness of breath and
 general numbness  after  reading and rereading news   about  that
Crawford-A.J . deal...please, fellows, I'm an old man--drop  leaflets before ya bomb,
will ya?  Hey, Andy, does this mean I lose my  crown of thorns as the League's
top huckster...? Kerbs deserves a separate  action figure for best actor,
marketing "keepers" category...send me no  flowers,
Brad Lee

No keepers were involved.  It was a straight speed for power  deal.  Barrett
says he's in to the bitter end.  This deal, plus  Carlos Lee, should pick him
up some points in the power categories and  Crawford's SBs were doing nothing
for him.  And, if those extra dingers  come at Shabes' expense, that's OK, too.