[USML Announce] Transaction Summary

SpringKerb at aol.com SpringKerb at aol.com
Mon Aug 7 07:55:00 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/7/2006 6:36:27 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
SpringKerb at aol.com writes:

No keepers were involved.  It was a straight speed for power  deal.  Barrett
says he's in to the bitter end.  This deal, plus  Carlos Lee, should pick him
up some points in the power categories and  Crawford's SBs were doing nothing
for him.  And, if those extra dingers  come at Shabes' expense, that's OK, too.

Mark

Actually, I meant Sean Casey, not Carlos Lee--the one Barrett got from  FAAB.
 (That's what happens when I write e-mail before I've had my  coffee.)
Anyway, the idea was to get me the SB point from Klein, goose  my BA a little, and
give Barrett a shot at some HR and RBI  points.  The Pierzynski/Mauer part of
the trade added a possible keeper for  Jim at C, but that wasn't a significant
consideration in the deal.