[USML Announce] Haz Matt Will Travel: Winick Lands Another Keeper

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 09:20:47 EDT 2006

"It's not often I find myself so breathlessly effusive about a young player
other than Howie Carew Kendrick [ed. note: .336 BA], but for the life of me
I cannot believe my good fortune this last Sunday," enthused Jeff Winick as
he waited in line for the matinee showing of *Talledega Nights* [ed. note:
Movie of the Year].

"To land Matt Garza for only $26...my God...look at the man's trend lines,
his peripherals, his flow charts.  How can I not keep this guy for only
$26?  No wonder my teams are so great year after year, when these so-called
'competitors' of mine are asleep at the switch.  It;s moves like this that
will return me to dominantion next year, you'll see, ever last one of
you...hey, that's my popcorn, kid!"