[USML Announce] USML Media Stars

Andrew R. Klein anrklein at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 23 09:47:53 EST 2006

I was about to jump into the Benson thread, but thought better of it.
Frankly, I couldn't handle the disturbing image of Kerber in some parking
lot saying, "Wait a minute, Anna.  I have to input this last evaluation of
John Papelbon into my spreadsheet before we go further."

Anyway, I went to Borders yesterday and bought the new Fantasy Baseball 2006
Guide.  You may recall that this is the magazine that gave Winick some space
for commentary last year.  Well, this year Winick is touted as a
full-fledged expert, complete with an artist's rendition of his mug on the
magazine's third page!  For the record, Jeff, I am crying bullshit on two
things:  (1)  Unless you've used a lot of Rogaine in the last year, the
drawing seriously misrepresents your hairline.  (2)  I want proof of the
claim that you have averaged a victory a year since 1988.  (Although, I
guess if you play in enough leagues ...)  I'm in the process of reviewing
all of Winick's "Picks" and "Pans" and will interpret them for the league at
a later date.

And, Blocker, when is the draft date?

That is all.

-Andy

PS:  Actually, that's not all.  My brother reported that Rick Gammons was
recently in the Chicago Tribune sports section musing about the best-ever
quarterback names.  Rick ... my bro says that you identified yourself as
"Rick Gammons, Buffalo Grove".   Don't you know that until October, you are
supposed to identify yourself as "Rick Gammons, 2005 USML Champion, Buffalo
Grove"?!

Andrew R. Klein

Indiana University School of Law-Indianapolis

(317) 274-2099

  _____