[USML Announce] USML Media Stars .:.

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Mon Jan 23 18:20:54 EST 2006

A response to Andy's Smoking-Gun-like claims:

1.  Jeff, I have seen Andy recently, and I suspect he is an expert on
receding hairlines, so I would just plead guilty on that one.

2.  As for the win a year claim, I think Jeff is on solid ground.  Jeff won
the USML title in 1992, 1996 and 2003.  Jeff and I collectively won a title
in an NL league in 1996 or 1997 (one of those, not both).  Thats a win a
year for each of those years.  Or if we are talking about the fully 17 year
period, just round up.

  Draft date information will go out this weekend (I hope).  Good to hear
some real live roto chatter.

  -- Mark B.

  _____

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf
Of Andrew R. Klein
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 09:48 AM
To: 'USML Announcements'
Subject: [USML Announce] USML Media Stars .:.

I was about to jump into the Benson thread, but thought better of it.
Frankly, I couldn't handle the disturbing image of Kerber in some parking
lot saying, "Wait a minute, Anna.  I have to input this last evaluation of
John Papelbon into my spreadsheet before we go further."

Anyway, I went to Borders yesterday and bought the new Fantasy Baseball 2006
Guide.  You may recall that this is the magazine that gave Winick some space
for commentary last year.  Well, this year Winick is touted as a
full-fledged expert, complete with an artist's rendition of his mug on the
magazine's third page!  For the record, Jeff, I am crying bullshit on two
things:  (1)  Unless you've used a lot of Rogaine in the last year, the
drawing seriously misrepresents your hairline.  (2)  I want proof of the
claim that you have averaged a victory a year since 1988.  (Although, I
guess if you play in enough leagues ...)  I'm in the process of reviewing
all of Winick's "Picks" and "Pans" and will interpret them for the league at
a later date.

And, Blocker, when is the draft date?

That is all.

-Andy

PS:  Actually, that's not all.  My brother reported that Rick Gammons was
recently in the Chicago Tribune sports section musing about the best-ever
quarterback names.  Rick ... my bro says that you identified yourself as
"Rick Gammons, Buffalo Grove".   Don't you know that until October, you are
supposed to identify yourself as "Rick Gammons, 2005 USML Champion, Buffalo
Grove"?!

Andrew R. Klein

Indiana University School of Law-Indianapolis

(317) 274-2099

  _____