[USML Announce] DUMP - Baseball America Announces Minor League POY Update

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 09:51:08 EDT 2006

Dear Jeff:
   Thanks so much for the news about our fine prospects. I will sheepishly
rejoin that Mr. Crowe once was a Rip, but was waived some point early in the
season. Wish I still had him, but there's nothing wrong with levelling the
playing field a bit for our competitors, whoever they may be.
    Another note: this will be the last 48-hour period in which the Riptorns
will consider firm offers for Jim Thome.  These offers can be made by any
team except the Nukes and Angries, who have absolutely nothing the Rips want
at this point, but they don't need Thome anyway, that's for sure.
   So, goodbye for now. I'll be going to the Pitchfork Fest on Sunday with
my daughter Kelli so I need to spend my remaining hours getting prepared any
way I can.
   And a note to those who mocked my Howie "Carew" Kendrick comment: were
you boys even *alive *when Carew played?
Brad The Happy Lad