[USML Announce] The Case Gets Stronger .:.

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Wed Jun 7 08:09:36 EDT 2006

Jeff,

  You have hurt me deeply, suggesting that I have at any point begun to act on Brad's behalf.  What next -- accusing me of writing like him?  While you may poke fun at me and my languishing squad of underachievers, I will not tolerate attacks on my friend and Roto Genius Emeritus Bradlee Jansen.  He has done nothing to deserve these sort of vituperative attacks, and certainly has done nothing to be included in your sardonic e-mails that contain thinly veiled references to the solitary year of the 18 years thus far in which my team finished four places behind the winner.  Now get thee to a confessional, Tribe membership notwithstanding, and acknowledge your sins.  I must go now, for the cause of the COPS cannot be derailed by Brandon-Wood-toting nonmembers.

  -- Deeply bereaved, Mark B.

P.S.  In honor of your trade, should Brandon Wood henceforth be known as "Wood-rod"?

-----Original Message-----
From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf Of JHWinick at aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 7:55 AM
To: announce at usml.net
Subject: [USML Announce] The Case Gets Stronger .:.

I offer further evidence in support of my petition to have Mark "PT" Blocker's membership in COPS revoked:

Exhibit #1 - As I understand it, the purpose of COPS is to actively discourage the over-hyping of young players who are then included as key components of dump trades.  Is not Joey "Monster-Talent" Gathright the poster child for the very type of hucksterism that COPS is designed to prevent?

This just hit the wires:

Jun. 6	 Joey Gathright (OF) TB <http://www.rototimes.com/index.php?sport=bsball&type=profile&name=4082>  was optioned to Triple-A Durham Tuesday to make room on the roster for Rocco Baldelli, according to the AP. Gathright hit .201 with 12 stolen bases in 55 games.

Exhibit #2 - Brad "Lee" Jansen revealed what many of us have known all along.  The power behind the throne wasn't Mike Rogers, it was (and is) Mark Blocker.  Anyone else catch the fact that Bradlee slipped and complimented Mark on his judgment and skill.  Surely that's not in reference to Mark's stewardship of the Bombers.  It can only be a sly reference to Mark's behind the scenes work on behalf of the Torns.  The drive for five is obviously merely how Mark deflects attention from himself while quietly coaching The RipTorns to victory.  Maybe "PT" is the wrong moniker.  Maybe "KR" as in Karl Rove is more appropos?

Bottom line - If there's any legitimacy to this fledgling organization, I say PT can't be a member.

That is all.

Jeff Winick

Sidley Austin LLP mail server made the following annotations on 06/07/06, 08:06:15:
IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: To comply with certain U.S. Treasury regulations, we inform you
that, unless expressly stated otherwise, any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this
communication, including attachments, was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be
used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed on such
taxpayer by the Internal Revenue Service.  In addition, if any such tax advice is used or referred
to by other parties in promoting, marketing or recommending any partnership or other entity,
investment plan or arrangement, then (i) the advice should be construed as written in connection
with the promotion or marketing by others of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed in this
communication and (ii) the taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer's particular
circumstances from an independent tax advisor.

immediately.