[USML Announce] Hot Wax Seal: Nukes Nuke Angry Young Men

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 14:05:43 EDT 2006

According to roto savant Jeffrey Horatio Winick this could be the deal that
cements the Nukes' championship: "Clearly a Richie Sexson is an upgrade over
Trot Nixon and flamethrower Matt Thornton will add some badly needed Ks to
the Nukes' point totals. Nixon is fair keeper --who knows where he'll play
next year-- but given the soft market for any type of quality players right
now (seriously, how can guys like Thome, Beltre, Molina, Meche,  Napoli, et
al. remain on the Rips' roster when they're trying so hard to dump?) I
cannot blame Gams for this deal.  It's a two-dog fight and it doesn't matter
whether or if the Hots or Nine or Brats ever trade again this year--they're
fighting for table scraps, and you know what, guys? My plate is clean."