[USML Announce] A.J. Returns, Klein Nine Burns

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 16:54:51 EDT 2006

I personally want to tell Andy and the league how happy I am for him that
A.J. Burnett is off the DL and back on his team, ready to boost his flagging
pitching staff and sinking pennant hopes. It's about time Andy had something
other than Craig Hansen to crow about.  But, c'mon, how about trade
talks--is the season already over?  Is there no one on my team that can help
a contender or a pretender? How I miss Shabes' obsessive midnight phone
calls for Burgos, the pithy put-downs by Buddha and Barrett, the "I'm with
Morningstar, screw you" from Robbins, the "I could have done better than
that, if you only waited till next year" from Klein.  Must I trade with Jeff
to keep my mind sharp and strong?  Can I trade with myself? Gee, I already
do too many things alone, and I think you studs know what I mean: cooking,
cleaning, laundry, dropping the kids off at the pool, etc.

But I am happy for Andy and the rest of you should be, too.  This fight
should be a fair one, even if I will do everything possible to send Andy to
6th place.  But no one likes to beat teams with depleted rosters, do they
Nukes, do they?