[USML Announce] USML 2006 - important league update

Jim Barrett chicagojab at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 5 19:40:55 EST 2006

I'm fine with the March 18th Freeze Date but don't think we should adjust the roster sizes.  We've had 10 in the league before and its worked out just fine without increasing the number of players on each team.

  -Jim

"Richard E. Robbins" <RERobbins at iTinker.net> wrote:
      Very interesting.

  If we are going to consider changing the number of players to be included on active rosters, don't we also need to change the size of the budget to spend?  What about minimum AB and minimum IP requirements?  I'm not sure its worth the effort to figure out what needs to be recalibrated and how to do that in a reasonable fashion.  I suppose we could leave all the active roster stuff the same and add to the reserve rosters.  We'd need to consider which rounds the extra slots would be added to.

  What are we trying to achieve?  Is there a concern that the pool will be too rich otherwise?

  -- Rich