[USML Announce] USML 2006 - important league update

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Sun Mar 5 20:53:13 EST 2006

The change that Mark has proposed is one that is consistent with "official"
rotisserie rules.  The rationale is that with one fewer team, there are 23
fewer players to be drafted.  By adding one pitcher and one hitter to each
team, you "suck up" 20 of those 23 on active rosters.  The intention is  merely to
try to keep a consistent amount of depth in the league and lessen the  amount
of "starter-worthy" talent on the reserve rosters.  Mark didn't  mention that
along with adding 2 player slots, the auction budget would be  increased by
$20.

I don't think we'd have to waste too much time worrying about all of the
rules that might arguable be affected by this change, like innings pitched and
minimum at bats, but I could be persuaded.  I think all that we'd need to
change are the salary cap and salary floor.