[USML Announce] Roster Eligibility Clarification

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Sat Mar 18 06:14:04 EST 2006

I stand corrected.

To the original question though, I believe we have used the 40 man rosters
without regard to whether someone was sent down from the major league camp.
If you look at the usml.net web site, you will see the list that we used for
last year's auction.  It includes several players that were marked as not
being on the active roster.  They were available in the auction.  That is
also consistent with the text that's in the Constitution, which was lifted
from email messages laying out how we would proceed and which were
circulated in advance of each of the last two auctions.

  _____

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf
Of Bbuddhas at aol.com
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 8:57 PM
To: announce at usml.net
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] Roster Eligibility Clarification

40 man rosters don't change all that often.....it is rare that a team alters
their 40-man roster without a trade being executed or player being outright
waived from the organization so the 40 man rosters on mlb.com as of today
will be pretty close to what they are on 4/1 with a few exceptions.  A
youngin' sent to the minors and on the MLB team's 40 man roster almost
certainly stays on the 40 man roster just is assigned to a minor league camp
or affiliate.  if he is waived from the 40 man roster he (I believe) is
subject to claim by other teams.  A player only has so many trips to the
minors before he is "out of options" and needs to clear waivers before
assignment.

This concludes tonight's lecture....now aren't you glad my e-mails aren't
blocked????   A happy night in the Strotman household....the most hated of
all  ----GBN---- is gone; the great John Scheyer is off to Durham; and
Northbrook again houses a mere ordinary basketball program.