[USML Announce] Roster Eligibility Clarification

Bbuddhas at aol.com Bbuddhas at aol.com
Fri Mar 17 20:57:04 EST 2006

40 man rosters don't change all that often.....it is rare that a team  alters
their 40-man roster without a trade being executed or player being  outright
waived from the organization so the 40 man rosters on mlb.com as of  today
will be pretty close to what they are on 4/1 with a few exceptions.   A youngin'
sent to the minors and on the MLB team's 40 man roster almost  certainly stays
on the 40 man roster just is assigned to a minor league camp or  affiliate.
if he is waived from the 40 man roster he (I believe) is  subject to claim by
other teams.  A player only has so many trips to the  minors before he is "out
of options" and needs to clear waivers before  assignment.

This concludes tonight's lecture....now aren't you glad my e-mails aren't
blocked????   A happy night in the Strotman household....the most  hated of all
----GBN---- is gone; the great John Scheyer is off to Durham;  and Northbrook
again houses a mere ordinary basketball  program.