[USML Announce] Carl Crawford

Richard Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Sun Mar 19 10:57:21 EST 2006

I just added two years to Sizemore's contract. His salary jumps immediatelly to 11 where it will stay through the end of the 2008 season.
-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Barrett <chicagojab at yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 08:54:23
To:USML Announcements <announce at usml.net>
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] Carl Crawford

Wow, I'm about to start my fifth season in the league and I guess I've misunderstood the long term contract thing this whole time.? I thought that when you signed someone to a LT contract, you give him an immediate $5 bump and then add $5 each year.? In otherwords if you were?signing a?$5 Y2?player?to a?2 year?extension then he would go to $10 immediately?in '06, $15 in '07, and $20 in '08.? But I guess what you're saying is that he would immediately?go to $15? [$5 +(2 x 5)] and stay that way though '08?
?
I probably would have?handled contract renewals?differently (for instance?Mauer?this year) if I understood that. Oh well.
?
?

Richard Robbins <RERobbins at iTinker.net> wrote: Nope. The salary was bumped when the contract was extended and it stays at that level until the contract is ended. Will you share a portion of this treasure with me as a kind of finder's fee?