[USML Announce] With Curt Hurt, Will Nukes Go Schilling For More Pitching?

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Sat May 13 00:33:06 EDT 2006

"Trust me," whispered  the  soft-spoken but harsh Hippocratic Jeffrey
Winick.  "I have confronted plenty of 'medical issues' in my day and none of
them are pleasant.  Unless Curt Schilling saw the doc for a quick snip job
on you-know-what this is not good news for the Nukes.  That threadbare staff
already is relying on arms hanging from the likes of Tim Wakefield, Elmer
Dessens and Brad Halsey.  Don't be surprised if the Nukes soon  announce a
deal for my Jason Johnson or Kevin Millwood.  Frankly I don't know why Kerbs
didn't try to get these guys from me before, but now I have no doubt that
he'll come a-callin'.  I love being in this dominant position when the money
teams lose key players to injury, drugs or death.  They must deal with me to
have any hope of success and I will stock my prospect cabinet with even more
minor league talent, including major leaguers who play like minor leaguers.
Hey, I'm so totally into this new Springsteen disk. It's time for me to
pluck my banjo, if you know what I mean."