[USML Announce] Rips Ponder Next Step--Trade Winds Blowing Again?

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Tue May 16 17:03:46 EDT 2006

"Even with Wily Mo heating up, it's not looking like the Riptorns will catch
up to the Bombers, especially if they wait until the All-Star Break to
dump Mike Maroth.  My goal, indeed my Gold Standard for this season, was to
take a shot at the Bombers--in the standings that is.  But the Bombers' will
seems unbreakable, and now I must turn to other options.  Do contenders seek
a closer, at least until MacDougal ever throws again?  Then Burgos could be
your boy.  Does your team need some steals? Consider Corey Patterson or
Adrian Beltre?  Need a productive catcher? Try Ben Molina.  Power? Try
Thome. I'm tired of waiting for Klein to trade me Hansen.  So awaken from
your springtime slumbers."

Official Riptorns' press release, 5/16/06