[USML Announce] Bombers-Angries trade - Bombers respond

Doug Shabelman doug at burnsent.com
Tue May 30 08:43:58 EDT 2006

I'm glad that Mark has been vindicated-- I mean, it's not like I traded
a .260'ish rookie outfielder in his second year (Granderson) and a
"young stud" pitcher from the (gasp!) Detroit Tigers (Verlander) for an
MVP (Vlad), two Cy Youngs (Zito/Colon) and a couple of other pieces
(Cat/Guardado)-- man, you guys were howling at Rick for that "awful"
trade!

Whatever you want to say, Swisher's going to hit 25-plus homeruns, drive
in at least 80-90 rbis and (if re-upped) would be $7. Cantu had amazing
numbers and is a middle infielder at $10 and his injury is not a wrist,
elbow or anything that serious.

I've heard the names being thrown out there by people-- Crede, Gomes,
Sizemore, all the usual (and very good) suspects left on the contending
teams and if you want to say that Mark did not get the "most" for what
he gave up, it's your opinion, but I would agree that the howling is
sour grapes to a large extent.

Brad,  you are exactly right on the issue of me wanting those guys next
year-- if they play as they have, I'll be one of the many who will be
looking to secure players for the year after next. Now if you will
excuse me, I have an appointment with The Gambler and Jim Leyland as to
his most recent performances-- Kerbs, I never promised you a rose
garden......

DS