[USML Announce] Another Look at Yesterday's Headlines: Winick PutzMoney Where Mouth Is

Doug Shabelman doug at burnsent.com
Tue May 30 17:09:02 EDT 2006

WHO OWNS THIS GUY? PLEASE TELL ME SOMEONE DOES!!

SHEFFIELD VILLAGE, Ohio (AP) -- Cleveland Indians
<http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/teams/indians>  pitcher
Scott Sauerbeck
<http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/players/6189>  was
arrested early Tuesday after he and a woman fled from his vehicle and
were found hiding behind bushes, police said.

Sauerbeck, 34, of nearby Avon, was the passenger in his car, which a
patrolman saw weaving. The vehicle pulled into a driveway and the
driver, Lily Miller, and Sauerbeck got out, walked into the backyard and
jumped a fence, according to a police report.

The owner of the house reported hearing voices outside and police found
Sauerbeck and Miller hiding between the home and some bushes.

Sauerbeck was charged with obstructing official business and permitting
someone intoxicated to drive his vehicle.

"He was somewhat remorseful and indicated what he did was stupid,"
Police Chief Michael Gurich said. "I guess they were frightened because
they both had been drinking."

Miller faces DUI and obstructing official business charges. Her
blood-alcohol content was 0.253, more than three times the legal limit.

Sauerbeck and Miller were released on a bond of $120 each and will be
arraigned on June 1 in Avon Lake Municipal Court.

If convicted, the maximum penalty for the misdemeanor offenses is six
months in jail and a $1,000 fine.

Indians spokesman Bart Swain declined comment on the arrest.

Sauerbeck is 0-1 with a 4.22 ERA in his second season in Cleveland.