[USML Announce] Klein Looks to "Phil" Vacant Roster Spot: Is Thome In Plain Sight?

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Wed May 31 17:04:03 EDT 2006

"The Nevin trade is yet another kick to the Klein Nine's groin," observed
League physical therapist Jeff Winick.  "My confidential League sources Mark
Kerber and Rich Robbins both assure me that Klein has just about worn out
his welcome badgering the Calamari to make a deal.  They're sick of being
told that Craig Hansen is untouchable, that Jhonny Peralta will someday
adjust to the AL pitchers that already adjusted to him and that Johnny Gomes
won't lose his job to B.J. Upton in three months.  As poorly as Nevin has
performed these past weeks, no one on Klein's reserve roster comes even
close to that level of mediocrity...Milton Bradley? Yeah, right. Quinlan?
Sure...Damon Hollins? Gimme a break....I think Klein's best shot is at
Thome...will a trigger be pulled on a blockbuster?  Klein better hope so.
Time has come and Klein better answer the call to arms...or put up with his
brother-in-law's merciless bragging all winter."