[USML Announce] Oh Juliana, don't you cry for me.......

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Sun Oct 1 10:40:27 EDT 2006

I think I cried when the deal was announced.

  _____

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf
Of Brad Jansen
Sent: Sunday, October 01, 2006 10:28 AM
To: USML Announcements
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] Oh Juliana, don't you cry for me.......

I think I'm gonna cry...

Brad

On 10/1/06, SpringKerb at aol.com <SpringKerb at aol.com
<mailto:SpringKerb at aol.com> > wrote:

In a message dated 10/1/2006 7:34:54 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
MBBlocker at aol.com writes:

The trade in which you dealt Mariano Rivera, while it got much less street
"press" than the Swisher deal, was one of the best trades of the year.

No, it wasn't--it was a lot better than that.  The Rivera trade was the best
designed trade in league history.  There have been bigger trades, but never
one that perfectly tailored to the rosters and situations of the teams
involved.