[USML Announce] Damn You Brad Lee

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Sun Sep 3 17:16:20 EDT 2006

As Brad Lee so proudly crowed recently - I'm really no match for his  wiles.
The guy absolutely robbed me blind when he talked me out of Andy  Marte and
his bargain basement $14 salary and the second coming of Jim  Palmer, Hayden
Penn.

If you have any doubt about how unbelievably shrewd Brad Lee is, just take  a
look at these numbers:

Andy Marte in 2006:  80 AB, 18 H, 6 R, 1 HR, 9 RBI, 0 SB, 23 K with a  .225
BA and a .287 OBP.  And only $14!

But wait, it gets better....take a look at these numbers

Hayden Penn in 2006: 2/3 IP, 8 H, 0 BB, 0 K and 8 ER resulting in a Ratio  of
12.12 and an infinite ERA.

Yep, Brad Lee, I'll be the first to admit it.  You're just too damned  good.

Jeff Winick