[USML Announce] Peralta - Swisher Update

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Sat Sep 9 00:16:51 EDT 2006

After PT/KR accepted the AYM offer over The Professor's alternative PT/KR
was berated not only for rejecting The Professor's allegedly far  superior
offer, but for being stupid enough to believe that Nick Swisher had any  value
whatsoever as a keeper.  As per usual, I immediately jumped to  PT/KR's defense
and challenged The Professor to a bet of lunch at next year's  draft.  The terms
of the draft were that Swisher would be better than  Peralta for the balance
of the year subsequent to June 30th.  The agreed  upon rules were:

1 pt per home run
1/3 pt per rbi
1/3 pt per run
1/10 per pt of batting average
1 pt per stolen base
June 30 through September  8th
Jhonny Peralta
5 home runs                  5 points
26 rbi                           8 2/3 points
26 runs                         8 2/3 points
0 sb                              0 points
56 for 211 (.2654)        26 1/2 points
Running  Total                 48 5/6 points
Nick Swisher
11 home runs                11 points
35 rbi                           11 2/3 points
34 runs                         11 1/3 points
0 sb                              0 points
46 for 201 (.2288)        22 1/2  points
Running  Total                 56 1/2 points
So.....as of tonight, it looks  like I should start thinking about what I
want for lunch.  Its almost a  clean sweep.  Swisher has 6 more home runs, 9 more
rbi and 8 more  runs.  Neither player is worth a damn when it comes to
batting average, but  Peralta is outhitting Swisher with a .265 batting average to
Swisher's  .228.  Is Peralta even worth keeping at this rate?  Seems to me like
 he may now be considered a liability as a required keeper.
PT/KR - I believe that the  Professor owes you an apology.
Final update at the end of the  season.
Jeff  Winick