[USML Announce] Peralta - Swisher Update

Andrew R. Klein anrklein at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 9 13:07:40 EDT 2006

Jeff-

This expert analysis stuff is still hard for me to follow.

You start by saying:  "When us high powered experts get together, we'll
take a look at ALL of the numbers, including the entire season."  This
suggests that we should discount Swisher's miserable second half.

Then you pick on poor Coco by saying: "/*Since June 30th*/, his numbers
are .254-5-18-27 with 13 stolen bases", implying Coco is less valuable
because of a relatively weak second half.

Then you say the Bombers are lucky because they can keep Swisher at two
bucks.  But earlier you argued that Swisher's value was in Mark's
ability to extend his contract.

I'm very confused.  And I'll almost surely be buying you lunch.  But no
way I owe Mark an apology.  He wuz robbed!

-Andy