[USML Announce] one change

Doug Shabelman doug at burnsent.com
Wed Apr 4 08:04:27 EDT 2007

2B

________________________________

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On
Behalf Of rickgam at comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 7:19 AM
To: USML Announcements
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] one change

Greetings;
     I vote for 2A.
  Rick

	From: "JOHN FRUIT, FAF ADVISORS" <jfruit1 at bloomberg.net>

	> I also vote for 2B....jf

depending upon who you
	> ask. The Barrett proposal, on the other hand, requires a vote:

	> Although as a general matter, I don't support last minute
rules changes, I
	> believe that given present circumstances this is a rules
change that is worthy
	> of a vote at this time.
	>
	> The choices are three:
	>
	> 1. Leave the constitution unmodified and continue to allow
teams to trade
	> players who's USML contracts are not running without any
limitations.

	> 2A. Amend the USML C onstitution by adding the following
provision:

	> "From the commencement of the USML auction until June 1, if a
player whose USML
	> contract is not running is traded, that player will be deemed
to be in the first
	> year of his USML contract without regard to whether the
acquiring owner rosters
	> the player."
	>
	> 2B. Amend the constitution by adding the following provision:
	>
	> "From the commencement of the USML auction until June 1, a
team can not trade a
	> player whose USML contract is not running."
	>
	> For purposes of making the decision easy, vote for either 1
(Constitution
	> unmodified) or 2 (Constitution modified). If you vote for 2,
indicate whether
	> you support 2A, 2B or both. If the majority vote to amend the
USML
	> Constitution, then the proposed alternative with the greater
number of votes
	> will be adopted, effective immediately (i.e. as of the
commence ment o f the 2007
	> auction).
	>
	> I believe that there is a consensus regarding the wisdom of
amending the USML
	> Constitution to address this issue. A similar rule has been
adopted in 4 of the
	> 5 other leagues I play in. It has been quite successful in
diminishing the ill
	> will created by early season dump trades involving minor
leaguers and, I
	> believe, can defuse what otherwise appears to be a potentially
controversial
	> issue for the USML.
	>
	> Jeff Winick

Weaver in his place.

-------
	> Material based on data from sources deemed reliable;
accuracy/completeness not
	> guaranteed. Not for use as a primary basis of investment
decisions; not to be
	> construed to meet needs of any investor. Not a re presen
tation or solicitation of
	> an offer to sell/buy any security. Securities may not be
eligible for
	> solicitation in all states. Opinions subject to change. U.S.
Bancorp Piper
	> Jaffray, Inc. (USBPJ), its officers or family members may
own/buy/sell these
	> securities. USBPJ may make a market in the company's common
stock. Past
	> performance does not guarantee future results. Securities
products/services
	> offered through U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray, Inc. member SIPC
and NYSE, Inc, a subsidiary of U.S. Bancorp.