[USML Announce] Daniel Cabrera - Uh Oh

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Tue Apr 10 09:16:58 EDT 2007

I second everything Jeff wrote below.  I especially agree that we should have FAAB bidding run through the All Star Stats system, even if it means we lose some of the more complicated contingent bidding that goes on.

However, as a safety valve, I recommend that owners submit all of their roster moves to usmltrans for the next few weeks so we have a back-up record of what people were trying to do.  We can discontinue that practice once people are more familiar with the system.

  -- Mark B.

________________________________

	From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf Of jhwinick at aol.com
	Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 8:51 AM
	To: announce at usml.net
	Subject: Re: [USML Announce] Daniel Cabrera - Uh Oh

	Andy,

	Alternate (i.e. secondary or tertiary) bids are handled by making a second/third transaction for the same player.  If you are not successful in the first instance, it will drop down to the next attempt.  If we want to use the automated system (and I think we should), we may have to discuss slight modifications to our complicated contingent bidding rules., since we deal with secondary bids as contingent, i.e. all primary bids have to be processed before a secondary bid is considered.  In the vast majority of instances, this will sort itself out.  But not necessarily, so we'll need to discuss.  Also, the complicated bidding associated with spending the last few FAAB dollars will definitely have to be examined.  My recommendation in that regard is that we just agree that you can't make FAAB bids in an amount greater than your remaining FAAB regardless of whether the bids are contingent.

	The bottom line is that I think we should adapt our rules to All Star's system so that we can make this process as automated as possible.  Its best for the commissioner (Mr. B) and its best for the league in that transactions will be processed immediately after the deadline.