[USML Announce] Daniel Cabrera - Uh Oh

Andrew R. Klein anrklein at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 10 09:17:24 EDT 2007

Jeff-

Thanks.  I agree that we should do whatever is necessary to automate.

Just to be clear on how it works, can you look at this example?  Say
this is my move under our old system:  Bid $10 on Jones and waive
Smith.  If successful, Jones to active roster and reserve Williams.  If
I don't get Jones, $5 contingent bid on Washington.  If that succeeds,
waive Smith and put Washington on reserve.

I understand that I would start by placing a $10 bid on Jones in place
of Smith.  I then would place a $5 bid on Washington in place of Smith.
(The system would recognize that as contingent.)  But how do I tell the
system who is active or reserve for the following week before I know how
the bidding comes out?

-Andy