[USML Announce] Nukes Ready To Launch Secret Weapon?

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 16:22:10 EST 2007

While the USML has been abuzz with the Bombers' ridiculously good fortune in
having Joel Pineiro  (2/yr1) on their roster-- because the Red Sox signed
him and he could be their closer (and, thanks, Andy, for providing the
litany of other candidates not named Hansen), Mark Kerber has been quietly
chuckling because he has none other than Julian Tavarez (5/yr1), the man
many scouts insist has the stuff, if not the mental wherewithal, to dominate
in the closer's role.

"If J.J. Putz can net the likes of Brandon Wood and Evan Longoria,
baseball's two best hitting prospects not named  Gordon, Butler or Lubanski,
then the sky's the limit when or if I make Tavarez available," opined the
unusually reticent Mark Kerber.  "Like a reverse cowgirl in the sand, I am
spinning with joy at what the future holds."