[USML Announce] The Man in KC?

Andrew R. Klein anrklein at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 07:53:42 EDT 2007

Why watching the game often you more than reading the boxscore.  I saw
Alex Gordon live yesterday.  He was 2-4 with a RBI and a run scored.
His two hits?  One a dribbler to first where the pitcher forgot to cover
the bag.  The other a blooper over third base, where the third baseman
slipped in the dirt and couldn't get back to catch the ball.  Gordon
hacked at just about every pitch he saw.  He looked like he has the
plate discipline of Shawn Dunston.

The real Man in KC?  Octavio Dotel, throwing 95 mph and blowing away the
Marlins to earn his fifth save.  Very nice on a day when Joe Nathan gave
up four hits in an inning to blow a save.  Somehow Jansen orchestrated
all of this.  As the Matt Stairs-led Nine fade into the pack, I'll
repeat the words of our wise sage Rich Robbins.  Be scared, Rick.  Be
very scared ...