[USML Announce] Uh oh....

Doug Shabelman doug at burnsent.com
Wed Mar 28 13:11:36 EDT 2007

Andy- when's the drop day?

WINTER HAVEN, Fla. -- Cleveland Indians
<http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=cle>  ace C.C. Sabathia
<http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6603>  was struck
on the left wrist by a line drive Wednesday in the first inning of his
final spring training start, against the Toronto Blue Jays.

Sabathia, scheduled to pitch the Indians' opener next week in Chicago,
couldn't shield himself from the hard shot off the bat of Reed Johnson
<http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=7118>  on the
left-hander's second pitch of the game.

Indians coaches and trainers sprinted from the dugout to the mound to
assist Sabathia, who shook his hand and shouted a loud profanity. He was
immediately taken to the clubhouse to assess his condition.

The team had no immediate word on the severity of his injury. Sabathia's
wife, mother and children immediately left the stands and walked toward
the clubhouse to check on the 26-year-old.

Sabathia went 12-11 with a 3.22 ERA last season, and has gone 81-56
since joining Cleveland in 2001.