[USML Announce] Serious Rule Change Proposal

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Wed Mar 28 14:22:48 EDT 2007

Let me try to rephrase what I think you are suggesting Jeff.

The rule would prohibit the trade of a player prior to June 1 if that
player's USML contract is not yet running.

Is that the proposal?

-- Rich

  _____

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf
Of JHWinick at aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 1:43 PM
To: announce at usml.net
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] Serious Rule Change Proposal

A couple of motions:

1.  I move to table Andy's motion.  This particular proposal has the
potential to degenerate into a very contentious matter very quickly,
especially when examples like the trade of an unnamed $40 player
(say.....Alex Rodriguez) for an unnamed 19-year old minor leaguer
(say....Brandon Wood) is used as justification.  If we're going to consider
what I believe to be an ill-advised proposal like this, I would much rather
do it in the off-season, rather than run the risk of diminishing the fun
associated with the immediately upcoming season.

2.  I move to adopt, effective immediately, a rule that disallows dump
trades involving minor leaguers (roughly defined as players who have yet to
lose their ROY eligibility and have not yet been activated by their USML
club) prior to June 1st (let's call this the Jim Barrett rule).  I have seen
this rule work effectively in a number of my other leagues and I don't
believe it can have had any detrimental impact on any team's prior strategic
decisions.

Jeff Winick

  _____

AOL at  <http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000339> AOL.com.