[USML Announce] AT BRAD'S REQUEST: THE 2007 CHAMPIONSHIP SONG

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Tue Sep 18 16:02:54 EDT 2007

One of the best songs in the history of the USML !!!   Awesome.  Klein, call me if you are still up over there.

  -- Mark B.

________________________________

	From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf Of Andrew R. Klein
	Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 3:53 PM
	To: USML Announcements
	Subject: [USML Announce] AT BRAD'S REQUEST: THE 2007 CHAMPIONSHIP SONG

	THE JEFF 'N BRAD CHAMPIONSHIP SONG
	(Sung to the tune of the Beverly Hillbillies Theme Song)

	Let me tell you a story
	About a man named Brad

	Hangin' in the winter
	Feelin' kind of sad

	Until one day
	While sittin' on the can

	He got an instant message
	>From the Magazine Man

	Winick, that is
	The Big Macher*

	"Listen up closely
	Here's what you're gonna do

	You're giving me your Putz
	And Bob Abreu, too

	And then come June,
	I'm taking even more ...

	Vazquez! Manny!
	You'll give until you're sore."

	So Brad did as told
	And Jeff began to rise

	In 2007
	He'll surely take the prize

	And that's the way it stands
	Until 2008

	When Brad told Jeff
	He must reciprocate ...

	*(To Fruiter, Buddha, and Barrett:  "Macher" is Yiddish for Big Shot.  Since Kerber and Gammons live in Highland Park and Buffalo Grove, I assume they already know the language.)

	Brad Jansen wrote:

		Between following the USML race and rooting for my beloved Brewers I don't even have time for a gasp.  Andy, since you're out of it, can you help write a song honoring the victor this year, whoever he may be? Thanks, man.
		BLJ