[USML Announce] Silly Rules

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Fri Apr 25 12:19:57 EDT 2008

I think the A means active on the major league roster.  It doesn't mean his
USML contract is running.

Longoria hasn't lost major league rookie status and I don't believe he has
ever been on the active roster of a league team, so his contract is not
running.

This was actually a point that we debated when putting in the rule.  In
fact, one of the alternatives presented was to allow a trade like this and
simply force the contract to start running -- that alternative was rejected.

Sorry guys.  I'm not saying I like the rule, but this is what the league
specifically voted for.

Speaking of contract status, the following players are shown as being active
on USML rosters at the moment without having their USML contracts active:

LMC:  Matt Albers
Republicans:  Ryan Raburn, Zach Miner
Riptorns:  Clay Buchholz

I suspect that each should be shown as having Y1 contract status.

-- Rich

  _____