[USML Announce] FAAB Fun

jhwinick at aol.com jhwinick at aol.com
Mon Aug 4 10:12:19 EDT 2008

Andy,

I suppose you're right at this point that we'll have to set this for a vote.? Mark does not have internet access and I do think this needs to get resolved asap.? As I see it there are numerous choices, but in the absence of anyone in the league suggesting otherwise, there appear to be two choices most worthy of our consideration:

1.? Allocate the players as if we had provided them manually to Mark Blocker and asked him to process them in accordance with the Constitution.

2.? Accept the results of the system as they were announced and leave Bay and Griffey for bidding next week.

As I said, there are other possible alternatives, like re-bidding entirely, or disallowing Jim and my contingent bids in their entirety, but I am guessing that no one feels strongly about either of those two choices to insist that they be included in the vote.? If no one indicates otherwise prior to noon today, I would propose that people vote for either 1 or 2.

If #1 is the winner, we'll also have to decide how to decide salaries.? I believe this is only relevant for the determination of Nady's salary.? I bid $56 on Bay, then Nady, then Griffey.? Does the $56 define only Bay's salary or because it was beaten and then the system would have evaluated my bid in a non-contingent fashion against Andy's, is it also used to determine Nady's salary?? Please vote on this proposition, regardless of your vote on the first issue:

1.? Nady's salary is established ba
sed upon applying the constitution (i.e. only non-contingent bids are considered).

2.? Nady's salary is established based upon the algorithm apparently used by the system to?determine the winning bidder and his salary is measured against the team that?would have finished second in the bidding as determined by CBSSportsline (i.e. my bid of $56).

Also,?I think we ought to consider disallowing contingent bids on the system for the balance of the season until we can figure out how to unwind them if this were to happen again.? That's just a suggestion,or discussion point and ?not something we need to vote on.