[USML Announce] FAAB Fun

Andy Klein anrklein at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 09:51:24 EDT 2008

My view is that if Bay and Griffey were actually in the system and listed as
available for bidding, we should count those bids.    Jeff ... I understand
that you are trying to remain very neutral since you were the only bidder on
Griffey.  But you shouldn't have to forfeit a deserved boon -- you get
Griffey at $5, and he might well be a keeper next year.  So ... in my
opinion, the players should be awarded as I suggested in my previous note:
Bay to Jim, Tex to Rich, Nady to me, and Griffey to Jeff.  As I said before,
we do need to sort out salary issues, with the basic issue being whether an
unsuccessful contingent bid increases the salary of a successful primary
bid.

All that said, I am just trying to help sort things out and will abide by
any group decision.  But we should have *everyone* weigh in quickly, because
the decisions could have a big impact on the title race.  Can we vote on
whether to allocate the players as I suggest and also vote on the salary
issue?

-Andy