[USML Announce] FAAB Budgets and bidding

Mark Blocker mbblocker at aol.com
Fri Jul 18 21:44:48 EDT 2008

Gang:

  I am pleased to report that I have returned home from my climb of Mt.
Whitney safe and sound.  Of the 12 guys in our group, 11 made the 22 mile
trek to the 14,500 ft summit (including me!) and returned back down safely.
The 12th guy made it to 12,000 ft before encountering altitude sickness and
calling it a day.  All in all, a great and successful trip.

  Now, as for roto, I had intended to send one of those "I'll be out of
town" e-mails before I left, but I figured it was unnecessary because FAAB
bidding these days kinda runs on its own, whether I am here or not.  My
apologies that a few items slipped through the cracks.

  I have now resumed my commissioner duties and I believe I have corrected
all of the items people identified.  I have (1) corrected the salaries of
FAAB-acquired players, (2) corrected all FAAB budgets, and (3) as to the
K-Nine, waived Sabathia and added $20 to his budget.  If I have missed
anything, please send me an e-mail.  If you look on the FAAB budgets page,
the numbers should all be correct.  After FAAB bidding for this week is
completed, I will also post an updated summary of all of the FAAB
acquisitions to date, so each team can audit their numbers before the big
flurry of trades that often happens before the MLB trade deadline at the end
of the month.